Deregister a person from your address

You can check and manage the number of people registered at your address.

House owner’s certificate 

If you are the owner, tenant or administrator of a house, an apartment or a building, you can find out who and how many people are registered at your current address by applying for a house owner's certificate. 

Remember to bring: 

  • DKK 75 per flat. A house owner's certificate costs DDK 75. You can pay for the certificate when you order it in Borgerservice using Visa-Dankort, Dankort or cash
  • Documentation stating that you are the owner, tenant or administrator of the house or building.  

Note that only Borgerservice Nyropsgade can issue a house owner's certificate. The certificate will be issued instantly. 

The address is: 

Borgerservice Nyropsgade 
Nyropsgade 7 
1602 København V 

How to deregister a person from your address 

If a person does not live at your address but is registered there, you have the right to deregister him or her from your address. It is free to deregister someone from your address.  

To do so, you need to send the following documents to the Public Registration Office (Folkeregistret): 

  • A copy of your tenancy agreement or title document 
  • A letter stating the names of the persons living at the address 

Remember to state the full name and date of birth of all members of your household. 

Send the papers to the address in the contact box below.

Processing time 

It can take up to 3 weeks for a person to be deregistered from your address after Folkeregisteret has received your documentation.