Working on a student visa

You need a permit in order to work in Denmark.

Nordic, EU/EEA or Swiss citizens can work in Denmark under the EU rules regarding the free movement of people and services, with no restriction on the number of hours.

However there are limits if you still want to receive SU while working.

Non-EU/EEA/Swiss citizens may work in Denmark for up to 20 hours a week and full-time during June, July and August. However, this requires a work permit sticker in your passport.

Read more about this using the links in the box below.

See a list of EU and EEA countries.