Am I entitled to more benefits when having a child?

If you have a child while studying you can receive additional SU.

In order to receive additional SU as a parent studying you need to be approved for SU in the first place.

Extra monthly grants

In particular situations - mainly sickness and childbirth - students can apply for extra monthly grants. New mothers are eligible for 12 and new fathers for 6 extra monthly grants, with certain stipulations.

The amount

How much SU you can receive depends on the following:

  • Whether you had the child before you started your studies.
  • Whether you have your child on a while studying at a youth education program (ungdomsuddannelse).
  • Whether you have a child while studying on higher education (videregående uddannelse).

Learn more about at’s English website.

Find more information