Private education

As a student in Copenhagen you have the possibility for financial benefits and subsidies. Read more about the possibilities here.

Can I get grants for folk high school?

The City of Copenhagen does not provide specific grants for folk high school attendance.

However, you may be entitled to a government grant.

The central government provides financial support for courses of 2 weeks or more at folk high schools. Therefore courses of 2 weeks or more are relatively cheaper to attend than one-week courses.

Read more about Danish folk high schools and prices.

Can I get additional grants for my private education besides the SU?

You can apply for different programmes, grants and scholarships when you wish to study in Denmark.

There are different programmes that offer scholarships for international students studying in Denmark either through an institutional agreement or as guest students.

At Study in Denmark you can read about the different programmes for instance Norplus, Erasmus, and Erasmus Mundus.

Other sources of information on scholarships

Several scholarship programmes for both EU and non-EU students are listed in the EU-database Ploteus. PhD students and researchers should visit the European Researchers' Mobility Portal.

See more about grants and loans here.

Find more information