Emergency numbers

If you are witness to an emergency, you should either call 112 or 1813. It is important to know the difference between the two services.

When to call 112?

Call the emergency telephone number 112 if you need urgent medical assistance with acute, life threatening illness or with injury. You should call 112:

  • when you need an ambulance
  • in case of an accident
  • in case of fire

A healthcare professional decides which services you require. 

When to call 1813?

1813 is the emergency line in The Capital Region of Denmark. Physicians and nurses will guide you to proper and quick help when your GP is not available. You should call 1813:

  • when your own doctor (GP) is not available
  • before going to the emergency room.

Read more about the emergency helpline 1813

Non-Danish mobile phone services

If you are using a mobile phone service based outside Denmark, remember to use Denmark’s country code +45 before dialling 1813.

More information

Read more on lifeindenmark.dk about what to do in case of an emergency.