What are my rights as a cross-border commuter?

When you work in Denmark but live abroad you have special rights.

You have a right to health insurance scheme services in both your country of residence and in Denmark.

If you live in Sweden or Germany and work exclusively in Denmark for a Danish employer, you are fully subject to the Danish laws on social security and will be registered in the Danish social security scheme.

You are typically covered by the Danish law when it comes to sick pay.

If you work in Copenhagen but live in another country, you can apply for a Danish Health Insurance Card at lifeindenmark.dk.

There are special rules if you work in both Denmark and your home country.

More information

At lifeindenmark.dk you can get more information about rules and rights.

Get more information and links at Work in Denmark.

Read more at What does it mean to be a cross-border commuter? and What are my obligations as a cross-border commuter?

If you are cross-border commuters between Denmark and Sweden Øresunddirekt can help you and answer your questions.