You are here

Leaving Denmark

You must inform the authorities and de-register if you leave the country (holidays excepted).

If you leave the country you have to report the move to the authorities and to some of the institutions you have been using while living here.

You have to report that you leave if:

  • you will be gone for more than 6 months. Please note that if you go to Denmark on holiday during your stay abroad, this will not interrupt the 6 months' period.
  • you are gone for less than 6 months and you sublet or hire out your residence while you are gone. That is also called giving up the right of disposal.

You must report this using the digital self-service solution below before you leave.