You are here
In many events you must be able to prove who you are. For example, you must show identification if you want to make a hire-purchase, travel or open a bank account.
It is your responsibility to check which identification you can use. If you are going to make a hire-purchase in a store, you must contact the store.
How to buy an identity card
- You buy an identity card by visiting the Citizen Service Centre closest to you and present a certificate of baptism, name or birth
- The identity card states your civil registration number, and there must be a photo of you on the identity card
- The identity card replaces the previous ID card for young people. The identity card will be for you if you do not have a passport or a driving licence
- The card costs DKK 150 inclusive of a photo (2018 and 2019). A photo of you will be taken when you order the identity card.
- You must live in Denmark and be more than 15 in order to buy the card. The identity card is valid for 10 years.