You are here
An identity card states your civil registration number (CPR number), your nationality and contains a photo of you. You can use it in everyday situations to prove your identity. However, there are exceptions:
- You cannot use it when you visit a doctor. Instead, you must bring your yellow health card
- It is generally not used as a travel identification document. Instead, use your passport.
An identity card is valid for 10 years.
- You need to be at least 15 years old
- You are a resident in Denmark.
Book an appointment
To order an identity card, you need to book an appointment with a Citizen Service Centre.
What to bring with you to the Citizen Service Centre:
- Your baptism, birth or name certificate, yellow health card OR your passport
- Card/cash for payment. The card costs DKK 150 (2020) inclusive of a photo of you which will be taken at the Citizen Service Centre.