First Job Copenhagen
First Job Copenhagen is a free 5-day course in English aiming at giving international talents a greater chance of finding a job in Denmark.
When you attend the job search course, you will learn more about structuring your CV and cover letter, networking through social media, Danish business culture and more.
You can apply if you:
- Have a valid residence permit (Swedish, Norwegian, Greenlandic and Danes (who have lived abroad for a long time and have now returned to Denmark) are not eligible to participate at this course. Please contact the Jobcenter, if you need help and support regarding your job search)
- Have lived in Denmark less than 3 years
- Hold a bachelor’s degree or higher
- Reside in the City of Copenhagen or one of the partner municipalities listed here; https://ihcph.kk.dk/outside-of-copenhagen
- Speak and understand English at a professional level
Register for the online course hereOpens a dialog.
Register for the physical course hereOpens a dialog.
Questions and answers
How to register for this course?
How is a course structured?
A course consists of both theoretical and practical teaching and you are expected to actively participate.
Do I have to pay for a course?
No, it's free of charge.
What is your cancellation policy?
We expect you to participate in a full course. If you cancel more than once or don’t show up without cancelling in advance, you will not be allowed to attend First Job Copenhagen.
Do I get a job after attending a course?
Though we do our best to give you a better chance of getting the right job in Denmark, a job is not guaranteed.
Do I need to bring my computer?
Can I still participate if I move to another municipality?
Yes, If you move to one of the partner municipalities listed here: https://ihcph.kk.dk/outside-of-copenhagen
If you move to a municipality that is not on the list then you cannot participate.
Video presentation of the course First Job Copenhagen - an introduction to the Danish Labour Market
First Job Copenhagen
Gammel Køge Landevej 43