You are here
How do I get NemID?
In order to get a NemID you must
- Be aged 15 or more. (If you are under the age of 15, you can only get NemID for online banking. Please contact your bank for further information.)
- Have a CPR number. See how you get it at How do I get a CPR number?
You do not have to be a Danish citizen to get a NemID. You can also get a NemID if you for example:
- Have a Danish residence permit
- If you work in Denmark
- If you study in Denmark
This is how you get a NemID
Make an appointment with a citizen service center and bring:
- Health insurance card (Yellow Card).
- ID with picture: Passport, National Id Card, EU/EEA driver’s license, Residence card (pink)
NemID consists of a user ID, a password and a code card (one-time codes). The code card will be sent to you by ordinary post.
If you wish to get instant issuance of the NemID, you must bring a witness who:
- Is min. 18 years old
- Accepts to be registered with full name and CPR number and therefore must bring an ID with picture and his/her NemID code card
- Has not been registered as a witness more than 3 times during the last 120 days
At the NemID website you can also find help if you:
- Forgot your user ID.
- Lost your code card.
- Forgot your password.
- Want to change your password.
- Need an extra code card
- and much more.