You are here

How do I get married in Copenhagen?

Everybody can get married in Copenhagen. You just need to apply so we can assign a date, time and place for your wedding.

Please note that there are no available times for marriage at Copenhagen City Hall in 2018.

The Wedding Office has a processing time of three to four weeks.

To apply for marriage you must fill in an application form and submit it together with the required documents.

When the Wedding Office has approved your application they can assign a date and time for your wedding. Please send a prioritised list of possible dates for your wedding with your application. The earliest you can apply is four months before the date you wish to get married.

From the 1st of January 2019 a change in the Danish Marriage Law and the Aliens Act will take effect. You can read more about this and the wedding procedure on the wedding office's website.

We offer open air weddings and here you can read about the option of booking a Registrar.