Housing associations (Flexibel rentals)
You can sign up for an apartment in a housing association, but the waiting list is often long and it can take several years to get an offer.
However, you might get an apartment faster (from 3 months and up) if you meet the conditions in flexible rental – (“fleksibel udlejning” in Danish).
In order to be eligible for flexible rental, you have to meet one of the following criteria:
- You can document that you, or a person in your household, have a permanent job (min. 25 hours a week)
- You are a young student admitted to an SU eligible education OR you are a student or apprentice, and you are part of a training agreement or have a valid apprenticeship contract.
- You are a senior (62 years+), and want to move to a home that is more suitable for a life as an elderly.
- You are divorced, or no longer live with your boyfriend/girlfriend. In that case, it is a condition that you lived within the City of Copenhagen before your divorce / separation /etc.
Several housing associations that offer flexible rental are the following:
• Boligforening 3B www.3b.dk
• Boligkontoret Danmark www.boligkontoret.dk
• FSB www.fsb.dk
• KAB www.kab-bolig.dk
• AAB www.aab.dk
• Domea www.domea.dk
• Lejerbo www.lejerbo.dk
• Vibo www.vibo.dk
• Danmark Bolig www.danmarkbolig.dk