Can I get a free place subsidy for private child care?

No, it is not possible to apply for a free place subsidy.

Can I apply for a sibling subsidy?

Yes, you can apply for a sibling subsidy for private child care. The sibling subsidy is equivalent to 50% of the cheapest place. 

How do I apply for private child care?

You need to contact the private child care of private childminder directly to ask if they have a place for your child. 

You can visit the message board on to find the contact information (in Danish).

For further guidance and information on subsidies and more, please call INFO-team at 70 25 06 60, press 4, or send an email to