What should I be aware of when moving out of my home?

Before leaving you have to consider practical matters regarding:

  • bank and insurance.
  • deregistering children in institutions.
  • your address and the possibility of having your mail forwarded.
  • notify SKAT.
  • termination of leases, etc.
  • you gas, water and heating supplies.

You can read more about these practicalities at lifeindenmark.dk

Moving to Greenland

If you are moving to Greenland, this is not considered as moving abroad. Simply report the change of address to your new municipality in Greenland.

How do I take my children out of school?

When you leave Denmark yiu must deregister your children. You can use the self-service at lifeindenmark.dk to do so.

Link to the online self-service in Danish

If you do not have NemID or for some other reason cannot use the online self-service, you can contact Pladsanvisningen:

Tlf: 7025 0660

Phone and office opening hours:
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday: 9 am - 1 pm
Thursday also open: 1 pm - 6 pm
Wednesday: Closed

If you do not have NemID

If you do not have a NemID you must contact Copenhagen Citizen Service, register your departure and give back your health insurance card. If you live outside Copenhagen you should contact your local citizen service. 

The limit for notification is 5 days.