The Danish language education programme is based on a voucher system. It entitles you to 3.5 years of Danish language education within a 5-year period.
You will receive a number of vouchers corresponding to the number of modules you need to complete a Danish course. Each voucher states the maximum timeframe you are allowed to complete each module.
It is important to complete the module on time so that you have enough vouchers to complete your Danish education.
CLAVIS sprog og competence and UCplus are the two language education centres contracted by the City of Copenhagen. They administer tests and exams certified by the Ministry of Immigration and Integration.
However, you have the right to choose any language school in Denmark to begin your Danish education.
If you have any questions about Danish language education, fees or the voucher system, you can contact the language education centre of your choice.
You can take breaks between modules but you should inform your language education centre.
The voucher system allows you to take breaks between modules during your Danish education due to illness, maternity/paternity leave, work, etc.
If you have a persisting illness, you can apply to extend the duration of your Danish education with supporting medical documents at JCI (see contact box below).
Collect your exam certificate
If you want to receive your examination certificate from Prøve i Dansk 1, Prøve i Dansk 2, Prøve i Dansk 3 or Studieprøven completed before 1 August 2018, you can make a request at Jobcenter Integration (JCI) through this secure mail.
When making a request for your examination certificate, you must inform JCI of the following:
- Your name
- Your CPR number
- Your contact information
- The examination certificate your are requesting (Prøve i Dansk 1, Prøve i Dansk 2, Prøve i Dansk 3 or Studieprøven)
- The Language Education Centre where you have taken the examination
- The year in which you completed the examination
- At the end of which semester you completed the examination
JCI will contact you when you can collect your examination certificate. The process from request to collection takes approximately 7 days.
You must personally collect your examination certificate at Gammel Køge Landevej 43, 2400 Valby. Remember to bring your photo ID before you collect your examination certificate.
If you want to have your deposit refunded, you must apply for it with one of the City of Copenhagen's providers of Danish education.
- If your date of birth is between the 1st and the 16th, contact CLAVIS Sprog og Kompetence - go to clavis.org for contact details.
- If your date of birth is between the 17th and the 31st, contact UCplus - go to cph.ucplusdansk.dk for contact details.
Deposits can be refunded when:
- you have paid a deposit for a Danish module
- you have passed the module examination for the module to which you were referred
- you have passed the final examination for the Danish Language Education
- you want to end your Danish Language Education or
- you are no longer eligible for Danish Language Education.
A request for a deposit refund can take up to 30 days to process.