Who do I call in case of an emergency?

If you are witness to an emergency you should either call 112 or 1813. It is important to know the difference between the two services.

When to call 112

Call the emergency telephone number 112 if you need urgent medical assistance with acute, life threatening illness or with injury. You should call 112:

  • when you need an ambulance
  • in case of en accident
  • in case of fire
  • You can call 112 24 hours a day.

A healthcare professional decides what service you require. If the emergency operations centre conclude that you should go to the emergency room see the adresses below.

When to call 1813?

1813 is the emergency line in The Capital Region of Denmark. 1813 is staffed by physicians and nurses who are able to guide you to proper and quick help and assistance when your GP is closed.

You should call 1813

  • when your own physician (GP) is not available.
  • always before going to the emergency room.

Please note: You should always call 1813 before you go to the emergency room.

Non-Danish mobile phone services

If you are using a mobile phone service based outside Denmark, please remember to use Denmark’s country code +45 before dialing 1813.

More information

You can read more on lifeindenmark.dk about what to do in case of an emergency.