Who can receive SU?

The Danish society lends Danish students a helping hand in covering living costs for a great variety of courses and studies.

If you are not a Danish citizen, you must fulfil some special conditions to be placed on an equal footing with Danish citizens and receive state education support (SU). Read more about it at SU's website in English.

There are 2 main support programmes:

  1. For people over 18 following a youth education program.
  2. For students enrolled in higher education courses.

Extra monthly grants

In particular situations - mainly sickness and childbirth - students can apply for extra monthly grants.

New mothers are eligible for 12 and new fathers for 6 extra monthly grants, with certain stipulations.