Isolation stay for Copenhagen citizens
During an isolation stay you will get your own room, three free meals a day and the option of buying a laundry service. In the room there will be access to TV and the Internet, and you will have your own bathroom.
Here you can learn more about who is eligible for a voluntary isolation stay, what requirements there are and how you apply for isolation outside of the home.
In order to be assigned an isolation stay, you must:
- Live in the City of Copenhagen
- Be tested positive for COVID-19 or be a close contact to someone who is infected with COVID-19
- Have no to mild symptoms
- Be able to care for yourself with no outside help
How you apply
Close contacts to some with COVID-19: call the isolation line at 33 66 33 00, weekdays from 9am to 3pm, weekends and holidays from 10am to 12pm.
Testes positive for COVID-19: send the answer of your COVID-19 test to this secure mailbox. See how in this guide (in Danish). Wait 30 minutes and then call the isolation line at 33 66 33 00 who will guide you from here. During the conversation you will be told whether you will be offered an isolation stay.
Isolation line telephone 33 66 33 00 is open weekdays from 9am to 3pm and weekends and holidays from 10am to 12pm.
During the stay
- Check-in as quickly as possible before 10pm on the day your offered isolation housing.
- Transport: drive your own car or get a ride from a family member, where you are sitting at a distance, e.g. at the backseat of the car. Do not use public transportation. Call 33 66 33 00 if you have trouble securing transportation to the isolation housing.
- You can live at the hotel for 48 hours after you no longer have any symptoms or up to 7 days after you have been tested positive if you have no symptoms.
- Call 33 66 33 00 when you check-in and notify the hotel as well.
- Avoid visits during the stay and follow the Danish Health Authority’s guidelines (in Danish).
- The isolation stay is free of charge
- You must pay for potential parking and washing
- You decide whether to receive three free meals a day at the hotel, or on your own expense order take-out or get food delivered
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner at the hotel is free.