You are here
How do I register my change of address?
When you change your address you must inform the municipality to which you move. This should be done online with a NemID (online ID/signature). It is free of charge to register the change of address, but you must register the change of address no later than five days after you have moved.
Please note that:
- You can register the change of address as early as 4 weeks before you move.
- You must register the change of address no later than five days after you have moved. If you do not observe this deadline, you may be fined.
- If you move from Copenhagen to another municipality, you must register your new address with the new municipality.
- PostNord (the postal service in Denmark) is automatically notified of the change of address.
- Make sure your name is on the mailbox as soon as you move in, so you can receive your new health insurance card. You will receive the card within 2-3 weeks. If you don't receive it please contact us within 60 days of your moving date to avoid paying for a new one.
When you move you are obliged to choose a general practice doctor (GP)
When you register your change of address in Copenhagen, you will be asked to choose a new doctor as well, free of charge. When you use the online self service you will find a list of doctors in your neighbourhood (within a radius of 5 km from your new home) that you can choose from. See a list of general practice doctors (GPs) in the Copenhagen area (choose 'Almen læger').
The new health insurance card with your new address and doctor's information is free of charge and will be sent to you by mail.
If you do not have a NemID
If you do not have a NemID, and for that or other reasons cannot use the online self service, you must instead make an appointment with a Citizen Service Center.