How do I pay a debt to the City of Copenhagen?
Log on to borger.dk to see if you owe money to the City of Copenhagen using your NemID as login. Please note that the digital self-service solution is in Danish.
Press "log på" to log on.
Read more about NemID at How do I get NemID?
You can also pay your bills on Borgerservice (Citizen Service). See a map over Borgerservice centers in Copenhagen at this link (in Danish).
If you have received a reminder and you wish to make a payment agreement, please contact:
The Municipality of Copenhagen
Opkrævning og Ejendomsskat (collection and property tax)
1602 Copenhagen V
Phone: + 45 70 80 70 10
Deadlines for payment agreement
If you wish a payment agreement, is there several things that you have to be aware of in relation to repayment:
- You must repay a minimum of DKK 250 (2014) per month.
- If you owe money for day care, the maximum repayment period is 24 months.
- If you owe money for an amount which is partly subsidized by central government – such as housing benefits – the maximum repayment period is 18 months.
- If you owe money for maintenance payments, the maximum repayment period is 12 months.
- If you owe money for property tax, the maximum repayment period is 3 months.
If you do not react to reminders
If you do not react to reminders sent by the City of Copenhagen or if you are in breach of the agreement, SKAT will collect the money without further warning.
SKAT has the right to collect your debt directly from your income.
Once the City of Copenhagen has forwarded its claim for collection by SKAT, the City will no longer be able to make an agreement with you.