How do I get water and heating supply?

You will normally have water and heating supply when you move in.

Water and heating is normally connected in your home when you move in. Often you pay a set amount that is included in your rent to cover the cost of heating and water supply.

Most places do not allow you to change water and heating supplier.

3 out of 4 homes are heated from a district heating system. An individual heating system may for example be an oil-fired boiler or a gas-fired boiler.

The company HOFOR supplies both water, heating and gas. Please note that you pay these utilities in advance in Denmark, and match this against actual use once a year.

You must have a CPR number to be a customer of a Danish supply company. It is therefore practically impossible to connect utilities and get a telephone before moving to Denmark and registering with the local municipality.

Read about how to get a CPR number at How to get a CPR number?