You are here

How do I get a tax card?

When you are working and getting paid in Denmark you need to pay income taxes.

You can see the amount of tax you need to pay on your tax card.

Read more about tax card at in English.

You can also apply for a tax card by completing form no. 04.063. Print it and fill it out, then scan it and send it to the Danish Tax Agency.

Preliminary income assessment (forskudsopgørelse)

If you have completed the form in full and attached or enclosed the documents required, The Danish Tax Agency will create a preliminary income assessment and a tax card for you within 2 weeks.

Your employer will receive your tax card directly from the Danish Tax Agency. You can also apply for a tax card at one of the International Citizen Service Centres. The Danish Tax Agency is not present at ICS on December 4, 6 & 11

You will then need to bring:

  • form no. 04.063. You may complete the form beforehand or at the ICS centre.
  • ID with photo, such as a passport or ID card.
  • Marriage certificate, if you are married.
  • A work permit if you are a citizen from outside the EU, Switzerland or the Nordic countries.

Be aware that if employers do not receive a tax card from the tax authorities, they must withhold 55 percent of your wages without deductions.

Student tax card

You need a student tax card if you are working while studying in Denmark. Read more about tax cards for students at the Danish Tax Agency.

If I don’t have a NemID

You can order a tax card online without a NemID by filling in the form no. 04.063 Print it and fill it out, scan it and send it to the Danish Tax Agency, either by email or ordinary post.