You are here

How do I get a new marriage certificate?

If you were married in the municipality of Copenhagen you can get a new marriage certificate.

You can get a new marriage certificate by contacting the Wedding Office at Copenhagen City Hall.

You should send an e-mail to providing the following information:

  • Your names on the day of the wedding
  • Your CPR-numbers or dates of birth
  • The year and date of your wedding
  • Whether you would like a Danish or international version (issued in Danish, English, German, French and Spanish)
  • The address to which you would like the certificate to be sent

This service is free of charge. Please note that if you were married in a different municipality you must contact the relevant authorities there.

Please note that you can expect a response time of three to four weeks.