You are here
How do I get NemID?
In order to get a NemID you must:
- Be aged 15 or more. (If you are under the age of 15, you can only get NemID for online banking. Please contact your bank for further information.)
- Have a CPR number. See how you get it at How do I get a CPR number?
- Sign up on the NemID website
You do not have to be a Danish citizen to get a NemID. You can also get a NemID if you for example:
- Have a Danish residence permit
- If you work in Denmark
- If you study in Denmark
There are several ways to get NemID
If you never had a NemID before, and you don't have a Danish passport or drivers licence, you must make an appointment with Citizen service in order to get a NemID.
You can also get NemID via online banking or order it online (requires Danish passport or Danish Driver's licence).
At the NemID website you can also find help if you:
- Forgot your user ID.
- Lost your code card.
- Forgot your password.
- Want to change your password.
- Need an extra code card
- and much more.