How do I deregister a person from my address?

If you want to deregister one or more persons from your address, you have to send the required documentation to Folkeregisteret.

Folkeregisteret is the Public Registration Office.


When you deregister a person from your address, you have to send the following to Folkeregisteret, which is a part of Copenhagen Citizen service centres.

  • A copy of your tenancy agreement or title document
  • A letter stating the names of the persons living on the address. Remember to state the full name and date of birth of all members of your household.

Send the papers to:

Københavns Borgerservice (Copenhagen Citizen Service)
Nyropsgade 7
1600 Copenhagen V

Processing time

The person will be deregistered approximately 6 weeks after Folkeregisteret has received your documentation.