How do I change my health insurance group?
To change your health insurance group you must use the digital self-service solution below.
The page is in Danish, but you can change the language to English or German in the digital self-service solution after NemID-login.
The process of changing your health insurance group
- Log on to change your health insurance group.
- Then, press the green button,
- and use your NemID to go further.
- You will change health insurance groups two weeks after receipt of payment.
- You can change groups, if you have been a member of your group for at least one year.
- You will receive your new Health Insurance Card by mail within 4 weeks after receipt of your payment.
If you do not have NemID or Dankort
If you do not have NemID or dankort, you must pay a visit to Borgerservice (Copenhagen Citizen Service) where you can get a NemID and/or pay the amount in cash.
Get more information about NemID at What is NemID?
More information on national health insurance group 1
- When you are a member of the national health insurance group 1 you are registered with a doctor (GP). This means that you have free access to treatment, counselling and guidance with your doctor (GP).
- Specialist treatment is free. Your doctor (GP) decides if you need specialist examination and treatment and refers you to the treatment.
- The National Health Insurance pays all expenses for general medical care and subsidises other services covered by the National Health Insurance.
More information on national health insurance group 2
- Members of health insurance group 2 must pay a fee to the doctor (GP). The National Health Insurance reimburses an amount corresponding to the expense incurred by a member of health insurance group 1.
- Members of health insurance group 2 may seek treatment from any doctor (GP), specialist, dentist and chiropractor and, after having been referred by a doctor (GP), from a physiotherapist, chiropodist or psychologist.
- Reference from a doctor (GP) is not required if you want to see other specialists.