EU residence document

Citizens of EU, EEA countries and Switzerland have to apply for an EU residence document if they stay for more than 3 months.

You can stay in Denmark for up to 3 months without a residence document. If you expect that your stay in Denmark will last more than 3 months, you need to apply for an EU residence document before the three months have expired.

If you are a jobseeker you can stay for up to 6 months, calculated from your day of entry, before you have to register.

An EU residence document is your proof that as an EU citizen - or as family member of an EU citizen - you have a right to reside in Denmark.

You can get a residence document if you are a:

  • worker
  • self-employed person
  • student
  • have sufficient resources
  • family member

Read more about the specific conditions.

You can apply for your residence document by appointment at SIRI Copenhagen (main office) or SIRI Copenhagen in the International Citizen Service - ICS at International House.

SIRI Copenhagen is present at International House Copenhagen: Mon-Wed: 10.00-15.00, Thurs: 11.00-15.00 and Fri: 10.00-14.00

Please book an appointment and bring all relevant documents.

If you have any questions, please call SIRI EU line: +45 72 14 20 04 (Closed Tuesday)

Or visit the main office:

SIRI Copenhagen
Carl Jacobsens vej 39, 2500 Valby

Opening hours only with appointment:  Please book an appointment here
Monday: 8.00 - 14.00
Tuesday: 12.00 - 16.00
Wednesday: 8.00 - 14.00
Thursday: 8.00 - 14.00
Friday: 8.00 - 14.00

Special opening days for EU students before the spring term