You are here
English-language groups in Copenhagen child care centres
Three Copenhagen child-care centres provide groups in which the everyday language used is English:
- Børnebyen Vandværket (Studiestræde 54 in Copenhagen K) offers one day-nursery group for infants and one kindergarten group.
- Idrætsbørnehaven Bavnehøj (Bavnehøj Allé 40 in Copenhagen SV) offers one kindergarten group.
- Topstykket (Julius Andersen Vej 2A, 2450 Copenhagen SV) offers one kindergarten group
English may be the native language of some children, whereas others will learn it as a second language. The daily activities and pedagogical frameworks of the English-language groups are similar to the Danish child-care offers.
Who can apply?
The groups are intended for children in the age group between 0 and 6 who are children of expats who expect to leave Denmark after a few years. To apply for a place in these groups:
- Both parents must be of non-Danish nationality
- Their municipality of residence must be Copenhagen
- At least ONE of the parents must be employed in Denmark.
How to apply?
Documentation of your officially registered address must be attached with interim employment contracts. EU citizens must further attach a copy of their passport. Non-EU citizens must provide proof of work and residence permits.