English-language groups in public childcare
3 public childcare institutions in Copenhagen provide groups in which the everyday language used is English:
- Børnebyen Vandværket (Studiestræde 54 in Copenhagen K) offers 1 day-nursery group for infants and 1 kindergarten group.
- Idrætsbørnehaven Bavnehøj (Bavnehøj Allé 40 in Copenhagen SV) offers 1 kindergarten group.
- Topstykket (Julius Andersen Vej 2A, 2450 Copenhagen SV) offers 1 kindergarten group
English may be the native language of some children, whereas others will learn it as a second language. The daily activities and pedagogical frameworks of the English-language groups are similar to the Danish childcare offers.
Who can apply?
The groups are intended for children in the age group between 0 and 6. To apply for a place in these groups:
- Both parents must be of non-Danish nationality
- Their municipality of residence must be Copenhagen
- At least ONE of the parents must be employed in Denmark with an interim employment contract with an end date.
How to apply?
Documentation of your officially registered address must be attached with an interim employment contract with an end date. EU citizens must further attach a copy of their passport. Non-EU citizens must provide proof of work and residence permits.