You are here
Debt to the City of Copenhagen
Log on to borger.dk to see if you owe money to the City of Copenhagen using your NemID. Please note that the digital self-service solution is in Danish.
You can also pay your bills at Borgerservice (Citizen Service).
If you have received a reminder and you wish to make a payment agreement, please contact:
The Municipality of Copenhagen
Opkrævning og Ejendomsskat (collection and property tax)
1602 Copenhagen V
Phone: + 45 70 80 70 10
Deadlines for payment agreement
If you wish to make a payment agreement, there are several things that you have to be aware of in relation to repayment:
- You must repay a minimum of DKK 250 (2014) per month.
- If you owe money for day care, the maximum repayment period is 24 months.
- If you owe money for an amount which is partly subsidised by central government – such as housing benefits – the maximum repayment period is 18 months.
- If you owe money for maintenance payments, the maximum repayment period is 12 months.
- If you owe money for property tax, the maximum repayment period is 3 months.
If you do not react to reminders
If you do not react to reminders sent by the City of Copenhagen or if you are in breach of the agreement, the Danish Tax Agency will collect the money without further warning.
The Danish Tax Agency has the right to collect your debt directly from your income.
Once the City of Copenhagen has forwarded its claim for collection by the Danish Tax Agency, the City of Copenhagen will no longer be able to make an agreement with you.