You are here
All residents in Denmark need to have a CPR number. You need it to open a bank account, access your health insurance, borrow books from the library, pay tax, receive a salary and so on.
- You are staying in Denmark for more than 3 months
- You have an EU residence document, if you are an EU citizen (Nordic citizens excepted)
- You have a residence permit, if you are a non-EU citizen
- You have a place to live. Read more about housing in Denmark.
Important information about your address
- It must be a valid address, meaning that you have the right to register your address in the CPR system
- You are not able to register for your CPR until you actually live at your residence