Are there exceptional benefits for high housing costs?
Examples of situations where you need exceptional benefits for high housing costs could be:
- unexpected unemployment
- serious illness
You can also send a letter with documentation proving you can get the benefits. Send the letter to
The City of Copenhagen
1502 Copenhagen V
You can apply for exceptional benefits if:
- you have high housing costs.
- you are receiving SU (education benefits) or cash benefits, sickness benefits or paternity/maternity benefits, unemployment benefits or other benefits from the state.
- you have faced changes in your social relations which caused lower income.
You cannot apply if:
- you are 60 years old and cannot get social pension.
- you are getting early retirement pension or pension.
- you are married or have a partner you live with, and your partner is not using his/her education or job options.