How do I apply for outdoor seating?

It is free to serve food/drinks outside and placing signs demand a tax. But you need to apply for permission before you put furniture up.

If you have a restaurant, a café or a restaurant in the City of Copenhagen, you can use the public area in front of your café or restaurant for outdoor seating. But first you have to get permission for outdoor seating from the municipality.

You can apply here (in Danish).

The area, where you serve food or drinks outside, must not be so large that pedestrians cannot pass.

We want to make sure that the city is safe, that the streets are passable, and that your outdoor seating is part of making Copenhagen a diverse and harmonious city.

Get more information here.