How do I apply for handicap transportation?
You can get transportation to visit family and friends, to do your shopping or to go to a hospital, doctor or dentist.
The Movia Flexhandicap scheme provides door-to-door transportation for disabled people in small specially equipped buses. There will often be a number of other passengers on the bus and sometimes a detour will be taken.
Conditions for approval for disabled transportation
- Your disability must be sufficiently severe that you are unable to use public transport. This means that you must be in a wheelchair or use a walking frame, elbow crutch or other mobility aid. You must have obtained your mobility aid through the City of Copenhagen.
- You must be 18 or older.
- You must live in the City of Copenhagen.
Worth knowing about disabled transportation
- As a member of the Flexhandicap scheme, you can travel free of charge with all Movia’s service buses.
- The driver will help you to get on and off the bus. All service buses have ramps for wheelchairs.
- It is possible to get transportation to your exact destination.
- You can find out more about disabled transportation on Movia’s website.
What to be aware of when applying for disabled transportation
- You must post the application form to Borgerservice (Citizen Service). The address can be found at the bottom of this page.
- You must have Adobe Acrobat Reader installed on your computer to be able to read digital forms.
- You must sign the application form.
- Borgerservice (Citizen Service) will process your application. If you are accepted onto the scheme, Borgerservice (Citizen Service) will forward your application form to Movia. Movia will then send you the relevant information and a payment card for your membership fee.
To apply for disabled transportation
Open the form (Please note that the form is in Danish)
Print and fill out the form and send it to:
Københavns Borgerservice (Copenhagen Citizen Service)
1602 Copenhagen V
You can expect a response within 3 weeks.