Do I need permission to put up signs and product displays?

If you want to put up signs and product displays on public areas, you need permission from the municipality.

Advertisement and signs can be

  • product displays in front of shops.
  • advertising signs.
  • advertising on scaffolding.
  • city equipment financed by advertising.
  • banner ads for cultural events.

Advertising signs and product displays from shops

You can use the online self-service solution for shops to apply for permission for signs and product displays.

Make sure you have CVR number, P number and a contact e-mail address at hand, as you are going to need this information when you register as a user and send an application for putting up signs and product displays.

You find the self-service solution here (in Danish).

Advertising signs for cafés and restaurants

A permit for advertising signs and other items in outdoor areas of cafes and restaurants is related to permission for outdoor seating and positioning of other equipment outside. You can read more about this and find the application form at How do I apply for outdoor seating?

Contact Byliv

Phone: +45 33 66 33 04