Are there books in my native language?
Most libraries have a section with foreign books and materials in many languages.
There are other offers, too, for foreign citizens:
- KarriereBiblioteket (The Career Library): borrow an expert and get tip-offs about jobs and education (in Danish).
- Integration of foreigners in Denmark, various tests, pointsystems, etc. (in Danish).
- Materials in many languages.
- Books for children.
- Newspapers from many countries.
- Information about the Danish society.
Materials in many languages
Vesterbro Bibliotek (Vesterbro Library) has the most comprehensive physical collection of materials in the languages used by the largest groups of language minorities in Copenhagen.
Hovedbiblioteket (The Central Library) has the most comprehensive collection of materials in the main languages; English, French, Spanish and others.
The other libraries in Copenhagen have materials in many languages, too. Ask at your local library.